WARNING: You’re gonna love it here
Are YOU the SEO Strategist for us?
Four-leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for SEO.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
At Yardstick Services it’s our business to help our clients’ business succeed with SEO strategy, while also keeping their bottom line a top priority. Every SEO strategy is different for every client and you’ll play an integral role in the discovery: an initial SEO audit, including competitive review and keyword research to secure improved search rankings — basically, everything we need to know to build a cohesive project strategy and successfully implement our SEO projects. We want you to enjoy digging deep into data or setting up reporting tools to provide enhanced intelligence to our clients.
You’ll work with our project manager to create tasks for our technicians to execute based on your recommendations. We’ll count on your analytical and strategic thinking, especially because you can look at data from multiple sources and determine the optimal mix of Internet marketing tactics that will generate the best return on investment for any given client. The high-quality work you turn out will help solidify our industry position as a results-driven company.
What you’ll do (In a nutshell)
- Understand our clients’ business models, goals, challenges and success metrics
- Formulate digital marketing and SEO strategies based on the initial data and information we receive from a client
- Will work onweb projects (sitemaps, keyword research, creating metadata and URLs, 301 redirects, quality assurance, etc.)
- Review the data on a weekly and monthly basis, suggesting changes to campaigns to maximize the return on investment
- Set up, update and manage monthly reporting for clients to keep them updated: provide ongoing analysis of key metrics to deliver insightful analysis and optimizations
- Answer questions for clients relating to the performance of their website or campaign
Stuff you’ve done (What makes you an expert SEO Strategist)
- Two-plus years working with SEO and Internet marketing
- Experience analyzing websites, URL structure, ranking factors, sitemaps, etc and creating recommendations for developers to follow
- Experience with various tactics involved in an inbound marketing campaign (social media, email, blog, SEO, PPC, analytics)
- Experience developing and managing a content marketing plan
- Experience with Google Analytics: set up and configured Google Analytics, tracked and reported on a clients’ key performance indicators
- Ability to understand SEO and ranking factors
- Ability to understand CRO (conversion rate optimization) and A/B testing
- Knowledge of Adwords and features
- Experience logging into Adwords accounts and analyzing the performance of marketing campaigns, ads, and keywords
- Residency in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia
- Your own PC or Mac (laptop/tablet)
- An analytical mind and a desire to work with numbers & data
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Adwords and Analytics certification
- Experience using MailChimp, HotJar, WordPress, and GatherContent
- Hubspot or Inbound certification
Who you are
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that fuel our mind and spirit.
We bet you play nice with others, which is important to us because you’ll be working collaboratively with our dynamic and very friendly team of innovative and agile professionals. You’re not afraid to contribute your ideas and you’re motivated to think outside the box — equally, you’re just as eager to learn from others and accept constructive feedback.
You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English, and you are able to attend monthly on-line meetings. As an independent contractor, you value autonomy and understand that you work on your own time; however, you respect our timelines and meet all your deadlines. You do your best in any given situation and welcome professional development that can help you continue to grow and push your limits.
A bit about us
At our core, we’re a full-service boutique web design and digital marketing agency, serving clients in Vancouver and throughout Metro Vancouver. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to roll up our sleeves and create aesthetically dynamic and results-driven websites that produce digital growth for small and medium-sized businesses.
At Yardstick, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We value teamwork and hard work and we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know when it’s time to relax and have fun, something we do exceptionally well with a craft beer or a nice wine at our quarterly team-building events.
We’re a remote team of talented minds who share a passion for creating digital experiences and the pursuit of innovative and measurable web solutions. We embrace the fluidity of the industry and will continue to be relevant while we adapt and evolve quickly and decisively to its changing conditions. We’re a growing company and we welcome you to grow with us.
Interviews are underway – so apply now! Send your resume, cover letter, and links to your portfolio (hint: we love to see performance metrics on your past projects, so this is no time for humility). [email protected]