WARNING: You’re gonna love it here
Are YOU the Project Manager for us?
Four leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for project management.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
At Yardstick, our Project Manager is responsible for being the gatekeeper of success for both our team and our clients. Reporting to the CEO, you will be tasked with managing the timeline, scope and budget of all of our projects and campaigns. You will work directly with our Business Development Manager and our CTO to help prepare time estimates for current and prospective clients. And you will be tasked with overseeing the creation and delegation of milestones and tasks for our team of talented technicians.
Our ideal Project Manager has a strong base of technical skills, but you also need to posses a high-degree of emotional intelligence. You need to understand the dynamics of high-performing teams. You need to have a strong ability to understand and anticipate client needs. And you need to be able to manage and communicate professionally with stakeholders at all levels. This is a special role for someone who loves both the technical side as well as the people side of project management.
What you’ll do (In a nutshell)
- Analyzing historical projects to determine time and resource requirements for projects/tasks
- Working with sales to create realistic time estimates
- Creating and managing the milestones, tasks and sub-tasks with dependencies for projects
- Assigning tasks to the appropriate resource(s) or team member(s)
- Creating and managing timeline, resource allocation and due dates for each task, milestone and project
- Ensuring team members complete tasks based on the assigned time estimate and due dates
- Managing the critical path of projects and determining ways to shorten the project timeline
- Gathering assets (images, content, etc) from clients and organizing said assets in our file sharing and project management systems
- Managing client expectations in regards to timeline, scope and budget
- Responding to client service requests
- Professionally communicating with clients that have feedback or want to provide input on creative
- Helping clients move past certain barriers or hurdles that are preventing projects from proceeding
- Scheduling and leading video and phone meetings with our clients and/or technicians
- Creating a positive and motivating work environment for our technicians
- Helping to develop and improve our existing systems and processes
Stuff you’ve done (What makes you an expert Project Manager)
- You have worked in a Project Management role for at least 5 years. This is not an entry-level position.
- You have experience managing multiple digital projects at any given time
- You know how to use Project Management and Time Tracking software
- You are familiar with G Suite, Dropbox, InVision, Slack, Gather Content and other systems used to collect and present digital assets, content and designs
- You have experience dealing with various clients and stakeholders and know how to remain calm and communicate with them in a professional manner
- Residency in the Lower Mainland
- Your own PC or Mac
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
Nice to have
- PMP certification
- Any courses or training related to customer-relationship management
- Any other formal business training or certifications is an asset
Who you are
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that fuel our mind and spirit.
We bet you play nice with others, which is important to us because you’ll be working collaboratively with our dynamic and very friendly team of innovative and agile professionals. You’re not afraid to contribute your ideas and you’re motivated to think outside the box — equally, you’re just as eager to learn from others and accept constructive feedback.
A bit about us
At our core, we’re a full-service boutique web design and digital marketing agency, serving clients in Metro Vancouver, Alberta and other areas of Canada and the US. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to roll up our sleeves and create aesthetically dynamic and results-driven websites that produce digital growth for small and medium-size businesses.
At Yardstick, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We value teamwork and hard work and we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know when it’s time to relax and have fun, something we do exceptionally well with a craft beer or a nice wine at our quarterly team-building events.
We’re a remote team of talented minds who share a passion for creating digital experiences and the pursuit of innovative and measurable web solutions. We embrace the fluidity of the industry and will continue to be relevant while we adapt and evolve quickly and decisively to its changing conditions. We’re a growing company and we welcome you to grow with us.
Interviews are underway so apply now! Send your resume and cover letter (hint: we love to hear real stories about past projects and any challenges you overcame, so this is no time for humility). [email protected]
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
project management: 5 years (Required)
digital agency: 2 years (Required)