Online Ad Specialist
WARNING: You’re gonna love it here
Are YOU the Paid Search Strategist for us?
Four-leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for digital marketing.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
At Yardstick, the Paid Search Strategist is responsible for defining and executing our clients’ pay-per-click (PPC) advertising strategies across Google, Instagram, Facebook, and other channels.
You will also provide valuable insight via Google Analytics. Reporting to our CEO and Project Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring that all deliverables are presented on time and meet our client objectives.
Our ideal PPC Strategist has a breadth of technical skills but is also capable of creating a strategic vision for an account, making key decisions about what steps need to be taken and what resources are required. In this role, you’re someone who will make these campaigns successful with close campaign management and influential decision-making. The position requires an efficient and proactive approach to keep pace with search engine optimization and PPC industry trends and developments, which is second nature to you.
What you’ll do (In a nutshell)
- Set up and manage Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram campaigns
- Set up remarketing Adwords campaigns
- Configure campaigns to target specific demographics and geographies
- Write and rewrite text ads to create a champion with the highest conversion rate
- Analyze all types of data within campaigns and Google Analytics to improve campaign performance
- Identify and report your strategic recommendations to improve campaigns
- Optimize Adwords campaigns based on your recommendations and suggestions from Yardstick managers
- Meet with Yardstick’s agency managers and work with them to plan and execute client campaigns
- Assist our sales staff with initial assessments and sales meetings as required
- Create monthly reports for clients that turn insights into initiatives undertaken by Yardstick’s marketing
- Monitor client marketing initiatives on a weekly basis to ensure that the activities undertaken match the budget of the project, ultimately helping our client achieve their goals
Stuff you’ve done (What makes you an expert Paid Search Strategist)
- Two-plus years working in a paid search marketing capacity or in an in-house paid search marketing position
- Knowledge and in-depth experience with retargeting and remarketing
- Experience managing successful Adwords campaigns
- Proven experience working with Google Ads and Google Analytics
- Experience running Facebook and Instagram campaigns
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Residency in the Lower Mainland
- Your own PC or Mac (laptop/tablet)
- An analytical mind and a desire to work with numbers & data
- High proficiency in social media channels
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Adwords and Analytics certification
- Experience using MailChimp, HotJar, and WordPress
- Hubspot or Inbound certification
Who you are
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that fuel our mind and spirit.
We bet you play nice with others, which is important to us because you’ll be working collaboratively with our dynamic and very friendly team of innovative and agile professionals. You’re not afraid to contribute your ideas and you’re motivated to think outside the box — equally, you’re just as eager to learn from others and accept constructive feedback.
You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English, and you are able to attend monthly on-line meetings. As an independent contractor, you value autonomy and understand that you work on your own time; however, you respect our timelines and meet all your deadlines. You do your best in any given situation and welcome professional development that can help you continue to grow and push your limits.
A bit about us
At our core, we’re a full-service boutique web design and digital marketing agency, serving clients in Vancouver and throughout Metro Vancouver. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to roll up our sleeves and create aesthetically dynamic and results-driven websites that produce digital growth for small and medium-sized businesses.
At Yardstick, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We value teamwork and hard work and we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know when it’s time to relax and have fun, something we do exceptionally well with a craft beer or a nice wine at our quarterly team-building events.
We’re a remote team of talented minds who share a passion for creating digital experiences and the pursuit of innovative and measurable web solutions. We embrace the fluidity of the industry and will continue to be relevant while we adapt and evolve quickly and decisively to its changing conditions. We’re a growing company and we welcome you to grow with us.
Interviews are underway so apply now! Send your resume and cover letter (hint: we love to see performance metrics on your past projects, so this is no time for humility). [email protected]