Front-end WordPress Website Developer
WARNING: You’re gonna love it here
Are YOU the WordPress Developer for us?
Four leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for project management.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
At Yardstick, our Front-end Developer is responsible for taking designs that our clients have approved and turning them into fully functional WordPress websites. Reporting to our CTO and Project Manager, you will be tasked with following our pre-existing standards for how WordPress websites should be developed in order to deliver a consistently high-quality end-product for our clients.
Our ideal Front-end Developer has a strong base of technical skills as well as experience developing high-quality WordPress websites. We aren’t looking for someone to setup templates. We want someone with the skills to solve technical problems and an eye for detail to make sites look polished and professional. If you like making a website match a design…exactly…to the pixel…then this a perfect role for you.
We have a remote team. So, you must also possess a high-degree of emotional intelligence and self-discipline. You need to be able to manage your time appropriately in order to hit deadlines. And you must be able to communicate professionally with other Yardstick team members including designers, copywriters, SEO specialists, ad specialists and more.
What you’ll do (In a nutshell)
- Developing responsive WordPress websites based on approved mockups
- Configuring plugins and extensions according to our standards and best-practices
- Configuring server settings and deploying new development sites
- Helping to develop and improve our existing systems and processes
Stuff you’ve done (What makes you an expert WordPress Developer)
- A comprehensive knowledge of HTML and CSS is required
- A comprehensive knowledge of the WordPress content management system
- Experience working with the YooTheme frameworks is an asset
- Knowledge of jQuery is an asset
- Knowledge of PHP is an asset
- Knowledge of MySQL database management is an asset
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is an asset
- Knowledge of search engine optimization is an asset
- Image editing skills using Photoshop is an asset
- Experience working with Sketch is an asset
- Residency in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Your own PC or Mac
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- The ability to work from home and manage your own hours to meet deadlines.
Nice to have
- Any additional courses or training related to front-end development
- Any additional courses or training related to digital marketing
- Any other formal business training or certifications
Who you are
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that fuel our mind and spirit.
We bet you play nice with others, which is important to us because you’ll be working collaboratively with our dynamic and very friendly team of innovative and agile professionals. You’re not afraid to contribute your ideas and you’re motivated to think outside the box — equally, you’re just as eager to learn from others and accept constructive feedback.
A bit about us
At our core, we’re a full-service boutique web design and digital marketing agency, serving clients in Metro Vancouver, Alberta and other areas of Canada and the US. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to roll up our sleeves and create aesthetically dynamic and results-driven websites that produce digital growth for small and medium-size businesses.
At Yardstick, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We value teamwork and hard work and we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know when it’s time to relax and have fun, something we do exceptionally well with a craft beer or a nice wine at our quarterly team-building events.
We’re a remote team of talented minds who share a passion for creating digital experiences and the pursuit of innovative and measurable web solutions. We embrace the fluidity of the industry and will continue to be relevant while we adapt and evolve quickly and decisively to its changing conditions. We’re a growing company and we welcome you to grow with us.
Interviews are underway so apply now! Send your resume, cover letter to [email protected] (hint: we love to hear real stories about past projects, so this is no time for humility).