WARNING: You’re gonna love it here
Are YOU the Web Copywriter for us?
Four leaf clovers, airline seat legroom, a timely cable guy: they’re tough to find. We feel the same about our search for you — but we know you’re out there. If you’ve got what it takes, show us what is possible — rock our world with your talent, experience, and passion for project management.
Snapshot of your wannabe job
At Yardstick, our Copywriter is responsible for assimilating content from multiple sources and creating web-ready pieces that are tailored to a specific target audience but also comply with the best-practices for web. Reporting to our Project Manager, you will be tasked with writing a wide range of content including content about our clients’ companies, products and services, blog articles, catch phrases for ads and much more.
Our ideal Copywriter has a strong background in writing and editing but is also able to interview clients in order to get content out of our clients’ heads and into a format that can be reviewed, edited and approved for posting to a website or digital campaign. We’re looking for a great writer with social skills and the ability to understand a wide range of products, services and business models. We also need someone who can write in different tones for different target audiences.
We have a remote team. So, you must also possess a high-degree of emotional intelligence and self-discipline. You need to be able to manage your time appropriately in order to hit deadlines. And you must be able to communicate professionally with other Yardstick team members including designers, developers, seo specialists, ad specialists and more.
What you’ll do (In a nutshell)
- Basic web research about clients and their businesses prior to interviews
- Reading and assimilation of rough content provided by the client in whatever format they have available
- Interview clients over the phone to capture knowledge or information about their companies, products and services
- Drafting digital content of all types including web content, blogs and ad campaigns
- Posting said content to GatherContent for review by the client and PM
- Listening to client feedback about content
- Editing content for review and final approval by the client and PM
Stuff you’ve done (What makes you an expert Copywriter)
- Experience writing content for website is required
- An understanding of standards for website content is required
- Experience writing blog articles is required
- Experience writing content for ad campaigns is required
- An understanding of keywords and basic SEO is an asset
- Experience using a project management system and time tracking system is an asset
- Experience using GatherContent is an asset
- Experience working with a digital agency and a team of technicians is an asset
- Residency in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Your own PC or Mac
- A good enough internet connection to allow video chats with clients
- A phone to conduct interviews with clients
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- The ability to work from home and manage your own hours to meet deadlines.
Who you are
Ultimately, you’re a great fit for us if you enjoy a good work-life balance. We love what we do, and we love our life outside of Yardstick, too, making time for family and friends, plus personal interests that fuel our mind and spirit.
We bet you play nice with others, which is important to us because you’ll be working collaboratively with our dynamic and very friendly team of innovative and agile professionals. You’re not afraid to contribute your ideas and you’re motivated to think outside the box — equally, you’re just as eager to learn from others and accept constructive feedback.
A bit about us
At our core, we’re a full-service boutique web design and digital marketing agency, serving clients in Metro Vancouver, Alberta and other areas of Canada and the US. We’re ready at a moment’s notice to roll up our sleeves and create aesthetically dynamic and results-driven websites that produce digital growth for small and medium-size businesses.
At Yardstick, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We value teamwork and hard work and we take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know when it’s time to relax and have fun, something we do exceptionally well with a craft beer or a nice wine at our quarterly team-building events.
We’re a remote team of talented minds who share a passion for creating digital experiences and the pursuit of innovative and measurable web solutions. We embrace the fluidity of the industry and will continue to be relevant while we adapt and evolve quickly and decisively to its changing conditions. We’re a growing company and we welcome you to grow with us.
Interviews are underway so apply now! Send your resume and cover letter (hint: we love to hear real stories about past projects, so this is no time for humility). [email protected]